Friday, April 6, 2012

Geek in Japan

I saw that I've had a bit too much sun today when I watched Sumo Wrestling. I had also filled one 8GB card with images, so I decided to go back to the hotel, and find a good free RAW image viewer for the Mac.

Turned out to be harder than I thought. I tried several different ones, all of them had some shortcomings that I didn't like. I'm used to use Fastone Image Viewer on PC, and it's great. I ditched Xee because it didn't display thumbnails. Sequential got ditched because it crashed frequently on my Mac with OS X 10.7.

Then found out that RawTherapee probably was the application that I was looking for. Hurray! .. or not. It didn't work with Mac OS X 10.7 :(

.. I then found a bug report that explained why RawTherapee 4.0.6 crashes. I followed the directions there, and got the application to start, but resources were missing. The geek now got curious, and started to trace the application. Found out that I could link to the resources, and get everything to work. :)

You can follow the directions here if you want to run RawTherapee 4.0.6 on your Mac 10.7.
http://code.google.com/p/rawtherapee/issues/detail?id=884



No comments:

Post a Comment